We are looking for volunteers to help facilitate the Women's Group, which is a place for fellowship, support and encouragement.
- Help set up the hall for use during the group, and prepare food and drinks in the case of a special celebration, e.g. Burns Night. After the group has finished, the volunteer is also expected to assist in cleaning and housekeeping.
- Help make the individuals attending the group feel welcomed and comfortable. This can be through serving food and drinks, facilitating activities or having a chat. The volunteer should balance this with being aware of boundaries.
- At times, and where appropriate, a volunteer may need to take the lead on preparing and/or supervising an activity, though always with the supervision and support of Passing the Baton staff.
- Help facilitate and organise trips (if there is a desire to do so).
- Signpost individuals who are seeking support to staff or to other relevant services.
- Alert a staff member in the group if you have concerns about an individual or situation within the group.
Important pre-requisites for the role
- Having a particular skill or talent (e.g. playing the guitar) can be really useful.
- Ideally, a volunteer would have experience of working with individuals with mental health issues and or addiction issues.
- The volunteer would need to be reliable and willing to commit to building stable connections with clients.
- The role may be challenging, and so the volunteer must be patient, understanding and willing to be proactive in engendering a positive environment.
- Though the role does not require the volunteer to be a Christian, they must be aware and respectful of the Christian ethos upon which Bethany Christian Trust is founded.
107C McDonald Road
Pattern of hours: The group runs every Tuesday Afternoons every week except the first Tuesday of the month. Exact timings to be discussed.
As Bethany is a Christian organisation applicants interested should be in sympathy with and accept the mission, vision and values of the organisation.
Please send your application to email@example.com