Hold a Carol Service for Bethany Christian Trust
Does your church have a Christmas Carol service? If so, this is a great opportunity to raise funds for the most vulnerable this Winter. Our Winter Care Shelter runs for 196 nights over the coldest months, and provides a safe space for around 47 people each night. This work is vital and needs constant support throughout the Winter months. In holding a Carol Service, you could directly support those with no place to call home this Christmas.
What do I need to do?
- Speak to others in your church – would they like to support Bethany this Christmas?
- Confirm the date of your Christmas Carol Service (if someone from Bethany is free) we would love to come along to say a few words, and thank you for your support.
- We can provide fundraising materials including buckets, collection cans, collection envelopes and a video about our Care Shelter work.
- Share the event on Social Media to spread the word, and we can also share the details on our networks.
- You could even make your own invitations for the event and invite people from the local community.
Carol Singing in the Community
Are you part of a choir and want to give back this Christmas? Maybe your church has a group of stand-out singers? Or maybe you just want to find a way to help raise essential funds for Bethany’s Winter work? We’re looking for groups of singers who would like to fundraise for Bethany by singing carols in their local community.
This is a great way to spread Christmas cheer, but also to help raise awareness and funds for those who don’t have a place to call home this Christmas. We’ve recently launched our Winter work which includes our Winter Care Shelter. Each evening, we offer food and shelter to around 47 people who have nowhere else to go. This work is essential and we need your support in order for it to continue.
There are lots of different ways you can take part in carol singing – whether it’s in your local shopping centre, church or local school, there’s lots of ways to get involved!
Things to know…
- If you’re keen to do some Carol Singing, let us know! We’ll help you every step of the way so please give us a call or e-mail.
- If you want to hold your Carol Singing in a public place you may need to contact the local council for a permit. This isn’t difficult to do, and there’s always a team dedicated to this. If you have any difficulties, please let us know and we’ll try to help.
- Do you have a connection in a local shopping centre or Supermarket? If so, all you need to do is contact them directly to enquire about availability and they can easily book you in.
- There is generally a lot of footfall at train stations, so this may be a possibility too. If so, contact your local train station and find out if they’d like some carol singing one evening.
- We will supply you with Bethany materials, collection cans, buckets and support you all along the way. You could all wear festive Christmas Jumpers too!
For any further information or advice, please contact Mairead at firstname.lastname@example.org